Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 2 - Scent recognition


Thismorning at around 5:15 am Kermit alerted a myclonic jerk about 15 minutes before it occurred! Myclonic jerks are a form of a seizure in which the brain waves touch each other causing a quick jerking response. Many times myclonics are a precursor to a bigger one to come. We are so proud of Kermit! If he can sniff out a myclonic, we are confident he will sniff out a grand mal. Jeremy, the lead trainer at 4 Paws, was so proud and excited when we described Kermit's behavior. We had no idea he may have the ability to detect a milder seizure. Words cannot describe how excited we are and how proud we are of Kermit!

2 comments:

  1. That is soooo great! Please tell me what Kermit did to alert, did he do as he was trained, or did he do something else? Still working on this here after 5 months.... I'm sure Jeremy was excited. And I'm so glad to read that Kermit also went to his boy during a meltdown. Good dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I can take it anymore. I can't wait. I am so excited, I can't wait til saturday. Sounds like everyone is doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete