Friday, July 30, 2010

Proud moments





What a week we've had. Last weekend, Kenny & Tricia traveled to Jefferson City, MO to compete in the show me games in Taekwondo. This was their 1st open competition, meaning a mixture of martial art styles. Tricia competed in the special needs division and took 2nd place in forms & weapons, Kenny competed in regular competition and took 4th in forms. That's Kenny up in the air kicking in the photo! He's got some legs! We were very proud of them, these competitions are very difficult. While in Jeff City, Kenny, mom, Tricia, Aunt Madonna, and Grandma Buescher made it a mini-vacation and celebrated Tricia's birthday. We visited the State Capital and a conservation center. At the center, we seen a relative of Kermit's! A huge green frog! We snapped a photo to show to Kermit when we got home!

Congratulations to Kenny who got his driving permit this week! YIPPEE!!! The test was difficult for Kenny but he finally did it. Now he can practice in his truck he's waited so long to drive. Sorry dad, you'll have to give up Kenny's pick-up now. It was such a proud moment for not only Kenny, but mom & dad too. We can't wait to see the reaction of Danny when Kenny gets behind the wheel!

Another proud moment happened today. Danny had his neurologist appt. We were very upset at the last appointment. The doctor likes to debate about the ability of a dog to detect seizures. I was livid by the time we left the last appt. Today neither Wally nor Kenny could come to help with the appt. Although mom has taken Danny to the doctor's many times by herself, I was really nervous after the last visit and how it all went. I had decided to crate Kermit. I just didn't want to face the doctor's riticule against Kermit. Danny and I got ready to walk out the door and get in the van. Danny walked over to Kermit's crate and placed his hand on the crate and looked at me. I almost cried. I told Danny that he was right, Kermit was here to help us and I shouldn't let people's critisism stand in our way. We took Kermit. It was pouring down rain on the way to the doctor and I was nervous. But I remained confident. Well..........all I can say is that Danny transitioned the best he has in years. There were a lot of distractions and opportunity for meltdowns. Danny had to go potty (I avoid public bathrooms when I'm out by myself with Dan), we got on the wrong elevator and went up instead of down, I actually let a little girl pet Kermit (I avoid this in public because it tends to throw Danny off), and Danny got up fine when the doctor called his name which is usually a struggle. The doctor did not say one thing about Kermit! Even when Kermit started snorring while waiting during the visit! I snapped a quick photo of Kermit lapping Danny in the waiting room. I am so glad that I listened to Danny!

I have never been so proud as I was this week in my 3 boys, Danny, Kenny, and Kermit. It's times like these that really help put life back in perspective.

1 comment:

  1. So much to celebrate here!!!

    I'm glad you left a comment on my blog. Kermit was one of my favorites at 4 Paws. Those big ole bloodhounds with the long ears. I love them! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete